Sunday, 23 August 2026

Onwards to Iona

 


Destination --Iona.  After a ferry ride from Oban to Mull, a wait for the local bus we arrived at the next dock for the ferry to Iona.  It was the shortest journey yet!


Some of the sites along the way to Mull


An old Castle fourth century I believe someone said

The lady was all rolling Hills as we journeyed by bus to Iona.  The roads are very (let me emphasize VERY) narrow.  At times the bus pulled into  a lay by to allow another vehicle to go by, occasionally we had to back up and I never saw a guard rail anywhere.  Sheep, coos and fences but no guard rails!  Yes it was a bit nerve racking at times but I assured myself it was not the driver's first time over the road.



First glimpse of Iona


The Abbey

We strolled from wharf where the ferry docked to the Abbey where hot tea awaited and we were told about how we'd be living in community, assigned rooms and tasks.

First impression is the peacefulness, it is a special place to just be.



No comments:

Post a Comment