Thursday 28 July 2016

Butterflies, Dragonflies and Daisies




Most people who know me know that I have a fascination for butterflies and a love of Shasta Daisies.  If I see daisies I stop and admire them and might even clip one off to enjoy indoors. Shastas are also a great enticer of butterflies to a garden.  Butterflies I thoroughly enjoy watching as they flit around the garden and if I am really lucky one will land on me.  They are marvelous to watch and are often used as reminders of miracles of life, new beginnings, hope and of course the strong belief that they are messengers from loved ones who have died.  Many people have a strong affiliation with butterflies. There is not a time that I see a butterfly that I will not stop to admire it and follow it in the garden to admire its beauty, gracefulness, and colours.

Today, I saw a myth associated with dragonflies.  I was fascinated as here in Winnipeg we see a lot of dragonflies (they are released to combat mosquitoes naturally).  Like the butterfly they are fascinating to watch as they zoom around eating up the pesky mosquitoes. They have a very welcome role in that regard!
Like the butterfly the myth suggests that the extra pair of wings that help propel the dragonfly are really there to carry angels from heaven to visit us.   Whatever we think or believe about butterflies and dragonflies I know this that whenever a person sees one it brings a smile and gives a reminder of hope in our lives and world.

So may I suggest that you spend a little more time in the beauty of the great outdoors. Enjoy the fresh air. Enjoy the beauty of nature.  Take time to notice the small things that bring you enjoyment.  Smell your favourite flower, watch a butterfly, a bumblebee, a dragonfly as it flies around and let the miracle of life and the beauty of the world touch your soul like a whisper.  In the beauty of creation you will find hope and strength and yes you will definitely smile!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment