Saturday 2 April 2022

A little wandering

 


An old rolls royce-repurposed as an ice cream truck


Today I wandered the streets of London.  Yes I had a destination in mind, yes I had a detour along the way and yes I had a fabulous walk and wander.  


My detour, St. James Sussex Garden
Parish Church of Paddington


The Nave

On my own and without a map meant I had to really pay attention to my direction and turns.  Many of you will know that I can be directionally challenged and easily lost.  Well not lost really, just taking in different sights!  There were no interesting markets to wander through which was disappointing but Kensington Gardens were lovely to wander.  I found the round pond, sunken garden, memorial fountain of Diana and many more statues.


The Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace
 looking toward the Palace


Statue of Princess Diana, unveiled 2021 on the anniversary of her 60th birthday.  Inset in the paving is
These are the units to measure the worth
Of this woman as a woman, regardless of birth.
Not what was her station?
But had she a heart?
How did she play her God-given part?


The memorial fountain for the Princess of Wales.  
Not currently working but I was underwhelmed!


Statue of Peter Pan


Wildlife taking a little R and R


Part of the Italian Gardens




The Round Pond and space around


People meandered, ran and just enjoyed the opportunity to sit and watch the world go by.  While the sun shone there was a definite nip of cold in the wind but it was a beauty of a day for walking.


Kensington Palace, sorry no inside pictures I refused to pay the exorbitant price to enter.


Statue of Queen Victoria in front of the Palace.





No comments:

Post a Comment